This Privacy Statement explains how EZVIZ Inc. ( "EZVIZ") as data controller handles your personal information we collect when you use our EZVIZ Services over the Internet and mobile applications, including www.ezvizlife.com (collectively, the "EZVIZ Services"). This Privacy Statement also applies to any personal data we collect from the operation and use of products we sell while connected to the EZVIZ Services (the "Products), and any other EZVIZ Services that link to this Privacy Statement.
Please review this Privacy Statement carefully. By clicking a box indicating your acceptance, you are agreeing to the Privacy Statement and the Terms of Service. Once Privacy Statement and the Terms of Service were accepted by you, you may use the EZVIZ Services and/or create an online account for the EZVIZ Services ("Account"). If you do not agree with these practices, please do not use the EZVIZ Service, or otherwise provide us with your personal information.
We may modify this Privacy Statement at any time, provided certain provisions of this Privacy Statement prove to be incomplete or outdated and further provided that these changes are reasonable for you, taking into account your interests. If we make any changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by the email address specified in your account or by means of notice on the Website of any such changes which will become effective upon 30 days from the date of notification. If you do not want to accept such changes, you need to terminate your Account within such 30 day period. If you do not terminate your Account, this will indicate your acknowledgment and agreement to be bound by the revised Privacy Statement. In our notification about modifications, we will specifically point to such 30 days period and its impact.
You can determine when this Privacy Statement was last revised by referring to the date it was "Last Updated" above.
1. Collection of Information
When you interact with us and our EZVIZ Services, including through a connected Product, EZVIZ will collect information about you, including "personal information" and "non-identifying information."
"Personal information" shall have the same meaning as "personal data" and shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. Examples of personal information include your name, telephone number, email address, physical address, and payment information.
"Non-identifying information" means information that alone cannot directly identify you, such as product serial numbers, log data that automatically records information about your visit, such as your browser type, domains, page views, the URL of the page that referred you, the URL of the page you next visit, your IP address, and page navigation, unique device ID collected from Products and your mobile devices, data from cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons, video content files that do not contain personal visual identity information, the country and time zone of the connected Product, geo-location, mobile phone carrier identification, and device software platform and firmware information.
2. How We Collect Your Information
EZVIZ collects personal information about you through the EZVIZ Services in several ways.
- • When you register with EZVIZ Services and activate Products: You voluntarily provide us with personal information when you create your account to use EZVIZ Services or register a Product for online video access and viewing ("Account"). In addition, when you install and activate Products, you will be asked to provide certain basic information via our EZVIZ Services, such as your camera name, the camera's verification code, and serial number, which are unique to the Product connected to the EZVIZ Services and associated with your Account.
- • When you purchase Products from us or subscribe to online data storage services: When you pre-order or makes purchases through our EZVIZ Services, we request that you provide your payment information, such as a credit card number, account security code, name, address, and any other information necessary to complete the transaction and ship the Product to you. Your personal information will be saved as your user profile in your Account, including payment information for recurring charges.
- • When you saved and shared video content with others on the EZVIZ Services: When you save and share content through EZVIZ Services, like video clips, live video streams, images, captions, and comments ("Your Content"), for other individuals to access, we will collect identifying information that will allow you to save and share Your Content, such as your email address and email address of the person you elect to share your content with.
- • When you elect to refer the EZVIZ Services to a friend: Through our EZVIZ Services, you may be able to invite other people such as friends or family to use EZVIZ Services and download our mobile app. We collect that person's email address to automatically send an email invitation on your behalf. We collect this information to send this email, to register your friend or family member if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation services. In order to refer a friend, you must first obtain the consent from the person being referred to provide information on their behalf and inform them that they will be receiving a communication from EZVIZ.
- • When you connect your EZVIZ Services' Account, or share Your Content, with your social networking account: When you connect or link to our EZVIZ Services via social networking sites, including by sharing Your Content with friends via your social networking account, such as Facebook, we collect your profile information from your social networking account. For information on what information is shared with us, please review the privacy settings in your social media account or the permission screen presented at the time of connection.
- • When you contact us for support: When you respond to our e-mails, contact our customer service, or use other customer support tools, we collect your information to provide you with support, verify your identity with your Account profile information, and confirm your Product.
EZVIZ collects non-identifying information through the EZVIZ Services in several ways.
• When you use the EZVIZ Services to help us understand how you are using the service, improve EZVIZ Services, and support: EZVIZ often collects industry-standard non-identifying information when you access our EZVIZ Services. We collect this type of information to provide you with a more relevant experience, to prevent misuse, and to ensure that our EZVIZ Services are working properly. We may also record adjustments you make to our Products through the EZVIZ Services. We store this information along with data collected directly by your Product. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
We may also engage one or more third party service providers to serve online advertisements on our behalf via EZVIZ Services. They may use a pixel tag or other similar technology to collect anonymous information about your visits to sites, and they may use that information to target advertisements for our Products and EZVIZ Services. This information is collected anonymously, in a manner that does not personally identify you. For more information regarding this practice and to opt-out of such collection and use of this information by our third party service providers, please see Networkadvertising.org.
- • When you saved and shared video content with others on the EZVIZ Services: When you save and share Your Content through EZVIZ Services for other individuals to access, we will collect non-identifying information that will allow you to save and share Your Content.
- • When you elect to visit a third party site from the EZVIZ Services: Our EZVIZ Services may also contain links to other websites operated by third parties and may include social media features such as Facebook and Twitter buttons (such as "Like," "Tweet" or "Pin"). We record your interaction with these links.
- • When you stream Your Content to the EZVIZ Services: When you use the Product's recording or streaming features, we may record and process video and/or audio content from the Product. This may include capturing and emailing to you portions of this data as part of a notification or analyzing the data to identify motion or other events. We may process information from your Product so that we can send you alerts when something happens. In addition, if you have the recording features enabled, we will capture, process and retain video and audio data recordings from your device for the duration of your recording subscription period.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the collection of information in any way other than as listed above.
3. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and your preferences. However, you can limit the information you provide to EZVIZ as well as the communications you receive from EZVIZ through your Account preferences.
You will only receive commercial e-mails from us if you have granted prior express consent or if sending those e-mails is otherwise permitted, in accordance with applicable laws, on an opt-out basis.
You may choose not to receive commercial e-mails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails we send or by logging into your Account and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still e-mail you non-commercial e-mails related to your Account and your transactions on the EZVIZ Services.
Cookies and Tracking
You can opt-out of being targeted by certain Third-Party Ad-Servers and EZVIZ served ads online using the National Advertising Initiative's Opt-Out Tool, the About Ads Opt-Out Tool, or on TRUSTe's site.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain device data with EZVIZ by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
4. How EZVIZ Uses Information
In order to provide a better user experience, we, or our vendors on our behalf, use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement to:
- • Operate, maintain, improve, and develop our EZVIZ Services and Products;
- • To personalize your experience with our EZVIZ Services and Products;
- • Increase the safety of our EZVIZ Services and Products – for example, for user authentication, security protection, fraud detection, filing, and backups;
- • Provide you with interest-based ads and offers for products and services from us;
- • Facilitate and fulfill orders placed through our EZVIZ Services;
- • Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- • Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- • Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about our products and services;
- • Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, and requested information;
- • Manage our everyday business needs, such as auditing, administration of our EZVIZ Services, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, and enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations and Terms of Service, or to comply with the law;
- • Allow you to save and share content through our EZVIZ Services; and to
- • Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and determine your interests;
Assuming that you have granted prior express consent or if sending those e-mails is otherwise permitted, in accordance with applicable laws, on an opt-out basis, EZVIZ may contact you by sending electronic communications in order to inform you about new products and services, unless you choose to unsubscribe.
We also may use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
5. How We Share Your Information
You may understand that EZVIZ may disclose personal information to cloud service provider, network service provider and other service providers with non-disclosure agreement.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
- • We share your personal information with EZVIZ affiliates, who are required to use that information in accordance with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
- • We use service providers, vendors, technicians and other third-parties to help us process, store, and protect some of your data and otherwise help us administer our Products and EZVIZ Services effectively, provide a better user experience, process your purchases, and increase the quality of our Products and EZVIZ Services. These third-parties are forbidden from using your personal information for non-EZVIZ purposes and are required to protect your information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable laws.
- • We may provide information to third-parties if we believe in good faith that we are required by mandatory law to do so. For example, to comply with legal orders and government requests; response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate; to protect the interests of our customers and users of the EZVIZ Service; to respond to claims that any content posted or displayed using the EZVIZ Service violates the rights of third parties; in an emergency protect the health and safety of users of the EZVIZ Service or the general public; or to enforce compliance with our Terms of Service.
- • If EZVIZ and/or all or part of our assets are ever sold or transferred, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. Under such circumstance, we will notify you by the email address specified in your account or by means of notice on the Website of (i) the identity and contact information of the purchaser or transferee, (ii) your right to revoke your consent to the provision of personal information, and (iii) the means by which you may revoke such consent.
- • We share information to protect our own legitimate business interests when we believe in good faith that we are required or permitted by law to do so. For example, we may share your personal information as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; to combat fraud or criminal activity; to protect our rights or those of our affiliates and users; or as part of legal proceedings affecting EZVIZ.
We may also disclose non-identifiable information (for example, aggregated or anonymized data) publicly or with third-parties, provided those data have been rendered anonymous in such a way that the data subject is no longer identifiable. For example, we may share non-identifiable information:
- • for the same reasons we might share Personal information;
- • to better understand how our customers interact with our EZVIZ Services and Products, in order to optimize your experience, improve our products, or provide better services;
- • for our own research and data analytics;
- • with our vendors for their own analysis and research;
- • to facilitate targeted content and ads; or
- • with Third-Party Ad-Servers to place our ads on the EZVIZ Services and on third-party sites, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
6. Securing Your Personal Information
EZVIZ has implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard personal information. We also conduct periodic reviews and assessments of the effectiveness of our security controls.
Notwithstanding the above, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, EZVIZ cannot guarantee that your personal information is under absolute security with the existing security technology. If you have any questions about the security of our EZVIZ Services, you can contact us by phone at USA/CAN: +1-855-693-9849 ; MX: +52-55-8526-1060 or email at USA/CAN/MX: email@example.com; Other countries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Accessing, Correcting and Retention Your Personal Information
EZVIZ generally stores your personal information on EZVIZ's servers which is established upon Amazon Servers until you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain a EZVIZ customer in order to provide you with the most relevant offers.
Keeping your personal information current helps ensure that we provide you with the most relevant offers. You can access, update or delete your personal information via your Account profile. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, deactivating your account, and removing your active profile and data, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases through our EZVIZ Services for financial reporting and compliance reasons. In addition, because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete certain information, we may temporarily retain backup copies of such information before it is permanently deleted.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purpose outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
8. Social Community Features and Social Networks
Social Community Features
Our EZVIZ Services may allow you to publicly post or share information, communicate with others, or otherwise make information accessible to others. Prior to doing so, please read our Terms of Service carefully. All the information you post, share, or communicate may be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any personal information you include may be read, collected, and used by others.
9. Children's Privacy
EZVIZ does not intend that any portion of its EZVIZ Services will be accessed or used by children under the age of 18, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction and such use is prohibited. Our EZVIZ Services are designed and intended for adults. By using the EZVIZ Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old, or above the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction and understand that you must be at least 18 years old, or above the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through our EZVIZ Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that an account is associated with a registered user who is under the age of 18 years old, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, we will promptly delete information associated with that account. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us by phone at USA/CAN: +1-855-693-9849 ; MX: +52-55-8526-1060 or email at USA/CAN/MX: email@example.com; Other countries: firstname.lastname@example.org . A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction may review and request deletion of such child's personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
10. Global Operations
11. Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can always reach us by phone at USA/CAN: +1-855-693-9849 ; MX: +52-55-8526-1060 or email at USA/CAN/MX: email@example.com; Other countries: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please provide: (i) your name (or nickname) and preferred method of contact; and (ii) the details of your request or comment along with any corresponding website links.